Although using Twitter is free and can be used in most of the World, it is blocked in some countries. Twitter also allows only one account per user. A Twitter proxy is able to overcome both these limitations.
Having more than 336 million users active monthly, Twitter is a very popular social media platform. Although it is often used for personal reasons, many businesses use it as a marketing tool and communication with followers and fans. Twitter proxies are extremely useful for those involved in online marketing.
What You’ll Learn
Why do you need a Twitter proxy?
There are a number of reasons why Twitter access may be blocked:
- Government censorship – Many governments, especially in the Middle East and Asia, control online information to their citizens. It is often done to prevent people from discussing and expressing their opinions, especially on political issues. North Korea, Iran, and China are amongst the many countries that force ISP (Internet Service Providers) to block access to Twitter (as well as Facebook – read about Facebook proxies here).
- Companies and schools – Both companies and schools often block access to social media sites, including Twitter, on their internal networks. The main reasons cited are a reduction in productivity and an increase in the likelihood of cyberbullying and distraction. By using proxies, you may get Twitter unblocked.
To really get the most out of the massive marketing opportunities that Twitter presents, more than one account is often required by companies. To achieve this,
How does a Twitter proxy work?
A Twitter proxy server works as an intermediary between you and the Twitter servers. The HTTP proxy server is used to connect to the Twitter indirectly, and to mask identifying information including your IP address. Such HTTP proxies allow you to bypass governmental blocks or to create multiple accounts by hiding your real IP address.back to menu ↑
How to choose a Twitter proxy
To be able to access Twitter from anywhere in the World without any problems through a Twitter proxy, the proxy has to be secure, fast, and reliable. It does, however, mean that public proxies won’t be much good, and using a private proxy is a much better solution. Also, shared premium proxies may get your account banned as you may share the proxy with other Twitter users.
Additionally, you may consider private proxies with residential IPs (aka residential proxies) that are even more less probable to be banned. However, residential proxies are more expensive than dedicated proxies with data center IPs.back to menu ↑
Where to find proxies for Twitter?
Most of the time dedicated (private) proxies are good enough as Twitter proxies. Open proxies that you may find on on public proxy lists or proxy sites are simply not suitable for accessing Twitter in privacy and security.
My recommendation is to subscribe to private proxies provided by premium proxy services. Such anonymous proxy providers offer tested proxies that you can use with Twitter (similarly to Ticketing proxies, PokemonGo proxies, Facebook proxies, Sneaker proxies or Instagram proxies). Some of them (like Storm Proxies – 2-day moneyback guarantee) expose Twitter optimized proxies packages that you may also use with the Twitter API or with Twitter bots like TweetAttacksPro or FollowLiker. For example, FollowLinker’s proxy settings allow you to assign a different proxy with each of your accounts.back to menu ↑
How to get most out of your Twitter proxies
Once you have purchased a good private Twitter proxy, there are a number of things you should do to get the most out of your proxies, especially if you plan on using Twitter for marketing.
- Use Multiple Accounts – When you use more than one Twitter account, you can use each one to serve a different purpose and to address their own niche. This will multiply your marketing efforts.
- Landing Pages – Use a separate landing page for each account, preferably on different websites. The pages can be simple but should employ lead capture mechanisms like forms. Add the URL of the landing page to the account.
- Automation Tools – Twitter automation tools make it easy to manage multiple Twitter accounts and can take care of many mundane tasks like following, unfollowing, tweeting, retweeting, replying, and setting favorites.
- Influencers – Rather than trying to find the best people in your niche to follow, try finding your niche’s influencers and then find out who is following them, and then follow those. If they don’t follow you back in two days, unfollow them. Do, however, make sure that you follow different people with each account.
- Split Testing – Using multiple Twitter accounts via Twitter proxies will allow you to do split testing by testing different aspects of a campaign. Test a specific characteristic of a campaign across all accounts and check which one performs the best. Things that can be tested with split testing includes
keywords, number, and timing of tweets. There are however many more things that can be tested.
- Targeted Marketing – Once you have completed the steps outlined above, you should have a good idea of what works and what doesn’t. The next step is to use each account for specific targets. Companies normally use one account as an overall representation of your business and let the other accounts represent specific facets of the business.
The list presented above will allow you to build a powerful Twitter presence. There are, however, many other things that could be done to maximize the potential of Twitter. These include:
- Don’t promote yourself but focus on adding value.
- Run competitions.
- Use Twitter Polls.
- Engage with users – many millennials use Twitter, and they value engagement above all else. Don’t just tweet, but respond, retweet, and mention people. You also need to join in conversations.
Twitter is not available in some countries in the World and is also often blocked at schools and companies. In addition, Twitter allows only one account per user.
To overcome these challenges, proxies can be used to unblock Twitter. Twitter proxies should be secure, fast, and reliable, meaning that private proxies should be used rather than public ones.